EMEA Finance Business Partner
EMEA Finance Business Partner
AMCS is the leading global supplier of smart resource software and vehicle technology solutions for the waste, recycling and resource management industries. Our enterprise software and SaaS solutions deliver digital innovation to the emerging circular economy around the world.
The position: EMEA Finance Business Partner
The successful candidate will be expected to understand the strategic business objectives of the EMEA business and act as finance lead in meeting these operational objectives.
The role will focus on business activities in the following EMEA territories: Central Europe (Netherlands & Germany). Fluency in English, Dutch and German is essential
This role reports to the EMEA Financial Controller, with dotted line reporting to the Group CFO. The role is based primarily in Amsterdam/Rotterdam but will require regular travel to Munich/Berlin (up to 40% travel annually).
Key responsibilities of the position are as follows:
KPI’s and Central Territory Performance
· Financial ownership for Central Territory forecasting and delivery of four pillar KPI’s – ACV, ARR, Revenue & EBITDA (Netherlands and Germany)
· Co-ordinate the territory forecasting process, to include detailed forecasts by Customer/ Product (ACV ARR Revenue) and Cost profile (EBITDA)
· Provide commentary for the monthly P&L and cashflow forecasts and manage any variances to budget.
· Prepare margin analysis by customer, product, department, region and project as required.
· Facilitate the EMEA annual budget process.
Quote to Cash
· Provide strong financial leadership, reporting and control for all operation’s strategic projects with a primary focus on the Quote to Cash process.
· Coordinate customer contracts, bidding and approvals direct with local Sales Teams and feed into order set up.
· Monthly operational forecast reviews of the Sales Order backlog.
· Ensure receivables are kept within company credit terms
· Partner in the monthly financial close process in collaboration with EMEA Finance – primary focus on review to budget and accruals
· Conduct some key monthly balance sheet reviews in collaboration with EMEA Finance team.
· Liaise with local company auditors as required, including preparation and review of Annual Financial Statements.
· Manage monthly and annual tax returns and ensure all relevant tax compliance work is fully up to date.
· Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with stakeholders and local management teams across the business to strategically manage EMEA projects.
· Drive a culture of continuous improvement, data-based decision making and long-term financial forecasting and planning for all strategic decisions.
· Provide support and technical expertise to colleagues across the business.
· Confident communication and advocate of all Group policies and strategies.
· Ad-hoc projects as required.
Qualifications Experience & Requirements
· Fluent in the following languages: English, Dutch and German.
· Working experience in both Netherlands and Germany (with knowledge of all financial, tax and company law jurisdictional obligations)
· Post bachelor’s degree qualification (Masters or Professional Accounting Qualification; ACCA, CPA etc)
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role is required and experience or knowledge of the Professional Service or the Software Industries would be a distinct advantage
· The successful candidate will be expected to multi-task and prioritize work in order to meet critical deadlines
· Excellent communication skills
· Track record of meeting tight time deadlines and commitments
· Energetic, enthusiastic and possessing a highly accountable leadership style
· Results focused, and metric driven with excellent analytical abilities
· Strong work ethic and unquestioned integrity
· A good understanding and experience of ERP systems internal controls
· Good business acumen and well-developed decision-making capability.
· A common-sense approach and an overall resourcefulness to meet commitments regardless of the obstacles
· Team oriented mindset with ability to work well across functions and geographies