Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 550+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Systems Engineer to join us at our global HQ in Limerick
The IT System Engineer responsibilities include ensuring the stability and integrity of the operations of AMCS Groups business systems. They also play a key role in the planning, design, implementation and support of technology based projects across the AMCS Group. Additional core responsibilities include:
· Ensure established enterprise standards are followed and enforced during implementations.
· Ensures all project work aligns with core business requirements and budget constraints are adhered to at all times.
· Perform complex troubleshooting to support L1 technicians as required.
· Provide first- or second-level problem determination/ isolation and recovery support for core business systems.
· Timely Communication off all IT issues and changes.
· Work with management and AMCS enterprise partners to resolve complex business, computer system and data communication problems.
· Perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
· Practices network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
· Plan and coordinate all hardware installations, changes and updates with AMCS Group support partners, vendors and users, adhering to the I.T. Change Control Process.
Knowledge & Experience
· 1+ year’s administration of Windows operating systems experience. Sys Admin experience of Linux systems would be an advantage.
· Experience of administrating Microsoft Office 365, Intune, Exchange Online ATP and Azure AD.
· Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and business friendly language.
· Comfortable with prioritising tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
· Able to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field and minimum 1+ years relevant experience preferred